No. 127UCDA P150/1897
Memorandum from Michael Collins to Art O'Brien (London)
(No. 509) (Copy)
Dublin, 21 December 1920
PEACE MOVES: You will probably have seen His Grace on his return from Dublin. He was closely in touch with Mr. Griffith all the week. It was not until Saturday that I saw him. Things seemingly went satisfactorily up to the last day practically, when everything broke down because of an impossible condition. The whole thing may be regarded as being definitely off in view of this Condition. The Condition I may say was the surrender of Arms. It is natural to suppose that this Condition was interposed for the double reason of making any arrangement impossible and of hoping to show weak spots in our personnel. Of course, nobody would dream of entertaining such a proposition.
Users who read this document also viewed...
- Document No. 128 Volume 1 (25 December 1920) Art O'Brien to Michael Collins Read more...
- Document No. 1 Volume 1 (21 January 1919) Declaration of independence Read more...
- Document No. 38 Volume 1 (05 June 1920) Donal Hales to Michael Collins Read more...
- Document No. 35 Volume 1 (18 May 1920) Memorandum by Sean T. O'Ceallaigh to Pope Benedict XV Read more...
- Document No. 25 Volume 1 (03 September 1919) Sean Nunan to Michael Collins Read more...
Other Documents in this category
- 25/12/1920 - Art O'Brien - Michael Collins
- 21/12/1920 - Michael Collins - Art O'Brien
- 17/12/1920 - Arthur Griffith - Michael Collins
- 14/12/1920 - Michael Collins - Arthur Griffith
- 12/12/1920 - Art O'Brien - Michael Collins
- 02/12/1920 - Art O'Brien - Arthur Griffith
- 04/08/1921 - Harry Boland - Eamon de Valera
- 31/07/1921 - Eamon de Valera - Jan Christian Smuts
- 28/07/1921 - Robert Brennan - Patrick J. Little
- 24/07/1921 - Eamon de Valera
- July 1921. - Erskine Childers
- 20/07/1921 - David Lloyd George - Eamon de Valera
- 19/07/1921 - Eamon de Valera - Michael Collins
- 15/07/1921 - Eamon de Valera - Michael Collins
- 08/07/1921 - Eamon de Valera - David Lloyd George
- 01/07/1921 - Robert Brennan - george gavan duffy
- 28/06/1921 - Eamon de Valera - David Lloyd George
- 24/06/1921 - David Lloyd George - Eamon de Valera
- 18/06/1921 - Michael Collins - George Gavan Duffy
- 04/06/1921 - Eamon de Valera - Lord Justice O'Connor
- 18/05/1921 - Sťamus ” Concubair - Eamon de Valera
- 12/05/1921 - Maurice Moore
- 24/04/1921 - Eamon de Valera - Laurence Ginnell
- Jan. 1921 - James O'Connor